How to apply for employment with the School of Physics as a casual tutor or demonstrator.
Casual academic staff play an important role in the School of Physics, supporting our academic staff and helping our students.
Details of the roles' responsibilities, selection criteria, salary and conditions.
How to apply
- After selecting Apply Now, create a user account in the Casual Tutor Recruitment System (CTRS).
- Through the CTRS, upload your credentials and select the subjects for which you would like to be considered.
Help with using the CTRS
- Create a user account in the CTRS
- Lodging an application for a Casual academic role in the CTRS
- Updating your profile and CV in the CTRS
To work as a demonstrator or tutor in the School of Physics, you must have a valid Employee Working with Children Check.
If you are offered a role with us, you can begin the application process during your onboarding. Further information is available from the University's Working with children check: Casual staff web page.
- Your application must be lodged through the CTRS to be considered, and all casual academic staff must have applied formally.
- Late applications will not be accepted unless an exceptional circumstance arises based on the School's requirements.
- Most applicants will receive an outcome within the timeframe listed below. However, because these positions are dependent on student enrolments, some applicants may only receive a final notification on the teaching start date.
Dates for 2020
|Role||Applications open||Applications close||Outcome notification||Teaching starts|
|Semister 1: Notes for Demonstrators||Semister 2: Notes for Demonstrators|
- Accounts and passwords: activate up your email using the Identity management system
- IT information
- Themis Timecards
- Casual pay dates
Once you have accepted an offer of casual employment, you will need the following resources:
- Activate your email using the Identity management system
- How to complete a timecard: each fortnight you will submit your hours worked via timecards in the Themis Self Service system
- Casual pay dates
- After Hours Building Access: After-hours building access is not generally provided to casual academic staff. If you consider it absolutely necessary that you have after-hours building access, submit your request to the School of Physics.
- Induction & Training: you must attend School of Physics Induction and complete the following online training modules:
- Environmental Health and Safety in the School of Physics
For assistance with the application process or technical support using CTRS please email Melaku Alemu (email@example.com).
[Other contacts here]