Excluding national research funding bodies (Australian research Council - ARC, Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation - ANSTO, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation - CSIRO and the Department of Education and Training ), the School collaborates with a diverse group of industry partners , public institutions and individuals who enhance the teaching and research efforts of the School through sponsorship of prizes, scholarships, postgraduate stipends; provision of seed funding for special projects, facilities, equipment; and through collaborations via research projects, contracts and consultancies. We thank our current sponsors for their continued support. They include:
Funding for research and consultancies
- FCT ACTech P/L for collaborative research in silicon detector technology
- Herma P/L for collaborative research in projection screen technology
- Hewlett Packard (US) for collaborative research in diamond quantum information science
- HREM Research Inc for collaborative research in electron microscope software development
- Haasz Family Trust for research support in astrophysics
More detail on the School's research strengths, equipment & facilities and industry & commercialisation links can be found under Research.
Funding for community, projects and facilities
- The Laby Foundation Pty Ltd for support of our Laby IDEAS Centre
- Australian Institute of Physics for support of public programs and outreach
- Colonial Foundation for support of Physics Outreach
- Ian Potter Foundation for support of display cases in the Physics Museum
- Miegunyah Trust for support of conservation and treatment work in the Physics Museum
- Pierce Bequest for support in research facilities
- Melbourne University Cultural Collections Committee for support of exhibit presentation and display in the Physics Museum.